LACEY, Wash. – Alaska Anchorage senior Suki Wiggs had game-highs of 29 points and five assists Friday, but Western Oregon came up with the big plays in the third overtime to earn a 91-82 victory over the Seawolves in the 2017 Great Northwest Athletic Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament at Marcus Pavilion.

The 2nd-seeded Seawolves (21-8) also got a career-high 20 points and GNAC Tourney-record six blocks from senior center Connor Devine in just the second triple-overtime game in 40 years of program history.

The 3rd-seeded and defending champion Wolves (18-12) were led by 22 points and 10 rebounds from forward Tanner Omlid, while guard Ali Fauq-Bey scored eight of his 19 points in the final extra session, snapping a 78-78 tie with two free throws and a layup.

Both teams entered the game on the outside of the NCAA Tournament playoff bubble, with UAA ranked No. 9 and WOU No. 10 in the West Region. The Wolves now have a chance to earn the league’s automatic bid with a victory in Saturday’s title game against either top-seeded Western Washington or 4th-seeded Saint Martin’s, while the Seawolves must wait until Sunday’s 6 p.m. AST NCAA Selection Show to learn if their season will continue.

“I thought it was a defensive battle and both teams competed extremely well,” said UAA head coach Rusty Osborne. “We had our chances in regulation and the first two OTs, but came up short. Against a team that is one of the best in the nation at causing turnovers, we only committed 11 in 55 minutes, but we did not rebound the ball to the level we have all year.

“I’m extremely grateful to this group of players – plus Brian (McGill) and Christian (Leckband) from last season – for what they’ve done for UAA. They have represented Anchorage with class all the time, been outstanding in the classroom, and won 42 games over the past two years.”

UAA got all of its scoring from four players as senior point guard Diante Mitchell finished with 20 points and senior guard Spencer Svejcar had 15 points and seven rebounds. Wiggs – a two-time First Team All-GNAC selection – shot 11 of 25 and logged a school-record 53 minutes, while Mitchell and Svejcar played 52 minutes apiece, and Devine played 45 minutes.

The Seawolves trailed throughout much of regulation before erasing a 49-43 deficit with a 9-0 surge, capped by two free throws from Svejcar.

UAA earned a 55-53 lead with nine seconds left in regulation, but WOU’s Evan Garrison broke free for an open layup with one second left. The lead seesawed throughout the first and second extra sessions, and the Seawolves had the chance for a last attempt each time, but Mitchell missed on a contested driving layup and Devine’s tip rolled off the rim the first time, and Svejcar lost the ball at the top of the key in the second OT.

The Wolves outshot the Seawolves 46 percent to 38 percent and won the rebounding battle 48-41.

Devine finished with 8-of-10 shooting and tied his career high in blocks as well, extending his program record to 76 swats for the season.

The contest tied for the longest in program history with a 92-87 triple-OT win over Caldwell on Nov. 18, 2004 – Osborne’s first game as head coach.