Letter from Race Director Michael Friess
Thank you for your participation in the 2014 Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon and Half Marathon.
If you have not yet registered you still can! The best way to enter is through our website at www.mayorsmarathon.com. For those of you who have already registered, we hope that you are healthy, training well, and ready to go!
All participants who register prior to June 10th will have their bib numbers assigned and posted by June 13th. They will be available for review on our website at www.mayorsmarathon.com. Please either print the page or record the bib number so that you can easily obtain your race packet at the Marathon Expo. For those that register after June 10th, you will be able to locate you bib number at the Marathon Expo.
Here are a few reminders to make your race experience go more smoothly:
1. Confirm your race entry at www.mayorsmarathon.com. Use the registration link and look for the Registration Confirmation Search. Your bib number and information will be available at the Expo so please do not worry if you have trouble using this site. We will have your information and we can solve registration problems at the Expo. THIS IS WHY WE REQUIRE EVERYONE TO PICK UP THEIR BIB AT THE EXPO thus making your race day much easier! If you need to make a correction you can do so at the Expo.
2. New registrations or upgrades to the marathon will be accepted at the Expo on a first-come first-serve basis based on availability.
3. You must pick up your packet during the Marathon Expo at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel (401 East 6th Avenue). Expo hours are Thursday, June 19th from 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Friday, June 20th from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
4. If you have ordered 2014 commemorative posters please plan on picking them up at the Expo as these will not be mailed.
5. Relay teams will have their bibs assigned at the Expo. These team packets will be available at the “Solutions Table”.
6. Remember, there will be no bib pick up or packet pick up on race day.
7. Remember, there will be no event changes or registration available on race day.
8. If you need transportation to the start of the marathon, please review the bus schedule that is printed in the participant guide. A participant guide will be given to you at the Expo. The June issue of “Coast Magazine” also includes a copy of the participant guide.
9. Race results will be posted on the website throughout event day.
10. Overall awards and age group awards will be presented on race day once the results become official. Awards will not be mailed so please plan on attending the awards ceremony.
11. Official finish results will be based using USATF rules. This means that your time will start once the starting gun is fired and finish when you cross the finish mat.
12. Please remember that our race officials are here to help you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Once again, thank you for your participation in the 2014 Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via the website, or at the Expo.
Good luck to all of you!